Visas for Australia

Australian Visa

Skilled Migration

The General Skilled Migration (GSM) Programme is the most common pathway for skilled workers to migrate to Australia. Applicants must nominate an occupation on the skills list, and meet the basic criteria and minimum points to qualify.

The basic criteria for an Australia Skilled Visa are as follows:
  • Age - you must be under 45 when you apply
  • English language - you should have sufficient ability in the English language
  • Nominated occupation - you must nominate a skilled occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List which fits your skills and qualifications
  • Skills assessment - you must obtain a positive skills assessment in your occupation
  • Health assessment - all applicants must pass a medical examination by a panel doctor
  • Character assessment - you must be of good character and provide police checks

The minimum points score for a skilled visa is currently 60 points, however this can fluctuate depending on your occupation and how many applicants are applying through the GSM pathway. The most common areas people claim points for include:

  • Age
  • English language ability
  • Qualifications
  • Work experience
  • State or family sponsorship

Additional points can be awarded for Australian and regional study, partner skills, Australian work experience and Credentialed Community Language qualifications. Skilled migration is best suited those wanting to migrate to Australia long term, and may lead to Australian Citizenship. You do not require a job offer for this visa type.

If you would like a Registered Migration Agent to assess your skilled visa options, complete our free online assessment here: Click Here

Family migration

Parents, partners and other family members may apply for a visa to join their Australian citizen or permanent resident family members in Australia. There are a number of options available, with the most common visa types outlined below.

Partner Visas

If you can demonstrate you’re in a committed relationship with an Australian permanent resident or citizen, then you may be able to apply for a Partner Visa. You must be able to provide evidence of having lived with your partner for a minimum of 12 months by way of various joint documents. You do not need to be married for this visa type.

Depending on the length of your relationship, you will be granted a temporary or permanent residency visa. If you can evidence a minimum of three years of commitment to your partner then you may be eligible for permanent residency, unless you have a child together this is then reduced to 2 years. Alternatively you will be granted a temporary visa for 2 years and then invited to apply for your permanent residency if you are still in a committed relationship with your Australian partner.

For further information on the Partner Visa and to see if you meet the criteria, complete our free online assessment here: Click Here

Parent Visas

Parent Visas are available for those wishing to join their children in Australia who are settled Australian citizens or permanent residents. The most common Parent Visa category is the Contributory Parent (subclass 143) Visa, which is a permanent residency visa.

The basic criterion for a parent visa is:
  • You meet the balance of family, meaning half or more of your children live in Australia as permanent residents or Australian citizens
  • Your child is willing to act as your sponsor and has been settled in Australia for a minimum of two years
  • You have sufficient funds to cover the cost of the application fees.
  • If you’re aged 65 or over you have the option of lodging the Parent Visa from within Australia.

To see if you qualify for a Contributory Parent Visa complete our free online assessment here: Click Here

Business Migration

The Australian Business Visa Programme encourages successful business owners, investors and senior executives to settle in Australia while developing new or existing opportunities in Australian business. This visa allows you to own and manage a business in Australia, with some pathways leading to permanent residency.

To see if you qualify for a business visa you can complete our free online visa assessment here: Click Here

Working Holiday Visa

The Australia Working Holiday Visa gives people between the ages of 18 and 30 the opportunity to pursue work and travel in Australia for up to 24 months. This is a temporary visa which allows you to work for one employer for up to six months at a time.

The basic criteria for a Working Holiday Visa are as follows:
  • You must be aged between 18 and 30
  • You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months until renewal
  • You must have sufficient funds of $5,000.00 to support yourself when you arrive in Australia
  • You must not have any substantial criminal convictions
  • You must not have any substantial medical issues

To see if you qualify for a Contributory Parent Visa complete our free online assessment here: Click Here